20 October 2008

Cwmcarnage!

I went to Cwmcarn forest park for some downhill action this weekend gone. As i explained in my last post I have been riding a local pump track and wanted to see if it improved my riding.

Well the verdict is out and I can say I have not been so fast with out pedalling. I have become a lot smother and more calculated in my riding style. On the bottom section of the track I was running out of gears! Hmm larger front chain ring I think might help me get a bit more speed.

If you go and visit Cwmcarn to experience the up lift service and downhill trails, go mid week. The amount of people made it impossible to get more than 6 runs in. also the amount of people that were doted across the track on the way down was silly. If you stop get OFF the track. The speed I’m coming down the track if someone was in the way I would kill them if I collided. Not joking. I was following my friend who had a cycling computer; we were reaching speeds of 29mph in some places!!

The day after, the amount of people had increased so we popped round the corner to ABERCARN. This has no uplift but it’s only a 30min push to the top. Its a tech track and very very steep. Lots of photo's taken so will post them when I can do so.

To book an uplift at cwmcarn go to there website at www.cwmdown.co.uk.

So the moral of the story is that if you want to go quicker, be smother and impress your mates, go and build a pump track and start pumping. Its not the bike you ride its the skills you have that make you a better around rider. The bike just helps!

G

No comments: